Sunday 30 December 2012

Epcot Food and Wine Festival Review - Hops & Barley

I decided to be brave on my next stop and to try lobster. There were two options on the menu - one was lobster claw and the other a lobster roll. I asked one of the cast members which they would recommend on the basis that I had never tried lobster before and I was told that the lobster claw was cold, so I should try the lobster roll.


I remember reading about snack credits on the Disney dining plan before I went and someone saying that the cost of the roll was over $6 as counted as a snack credit. Therefore, I think this was probably one of the more expensive tasters I tried. There was a fair old amount of lobster there though, so, for the lobster lover - it's probably not a bad price!

Review: Now to my review.. the roll was amazing. Warm, slightly crispy on the outside and soft on the inside with really tasty herbs atop. The lobster was cold though. And stringy. But not altogether unpleasant in flavour. For a first time lobster try, I did manage to eat it all... but I forced the last bit down. This is no reflection at all on the lobster itself or the cooking. I just don't think I liked it. I don't know if you ever eat lobster warm, but I think that'd be better! I guess for catering though, it probably goes very tough if overcooked?

No comments:

Post a Comment