Thursday 27 December 2012

Epcot Food and Wine Festival Review - Italy

In Italy (which had not been one of my "planned stops" at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival), I decided that after all the meat, spice, cheese and bread it was time for a little something sweet. The cannoli at the Italy kiosk caught my eye. 


I tried to get the receipt this time but the wind was blowing (Hurricane Sandy was along the coast so the whole of Florida was a little chilly. I'm not complaining - just thankful that it didn't hit, but it explains why the picture has a vertical receipt in it!!). No prices for you there then...

The cannoli was a pastry 'shell' which was covered in chocolate and filled with what I would guess was cream cheese (perhaps ricotta or something). The filling also had dried fruit strewn throughout it, which added a welcome bit of sweetness.

I was not expecting there to be any chocolate. It didn't add a lot of flavour, surprisingly, and it took away from what I was anticipating to be a delicate pastry texture - instead it was just kinda hard! It was nice, but I was willing to give half of it to my husband, which considering the tiny size, speaks for itself.

Review: It was a little bland and the texture was not as delicate as I would have liked. I would like to try (what I would consider) a proper cannoli at some point in the future before I write this off completely though!

No comments:

Post a Comment