Saturday 1 December 2012

Epcot Food and Wine Festival Review - Argentina

Argentina was my second stop along the Epcot Food and Wine Fesitval, where I was tasting as I went. I have to say that, with the benefit of hindsight, this was definitely my favourite snack!


This was billed as "Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce and Boniato Puree" and it was absolutely delicious. The beef was tender and the sauce was full of flavour.

I have to admit, I had no idea what chimichurri sauce or boniato were - the sauce was almost like a pesto, but fresher (I'm guessing it had no cheese and was probably coriander instead of basil) and the puree was like creamy mashed potato.

Ok.. I've just googled them and I was completely wrong - the sauce is parsley and garlic, not coriander (although some recipes do have coriander in them). This is another recipe I would like to make work with weight watchers, although (like pesto) one of the main ingredients is oil so it might take a bit of work.

Boniato is sweet potato - so I wasn't too far off in my guess of that one!


As you can see from the receipt, this snack cost $5 - it may seem a little high for such a small taster, but it was definitely worth it.

Review: Tender meat with a fresh and flavourful sauce and creamy puree. It was oily, but not in a bad way like the Spanakopita as the oil was well flavoured rather than just grease! Certainly one to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment