Friday 14 December 2012

Epcot Food and Wine Festival Review - China

I was at an absolute loss as to what to try when we reached the China Pavilion  On previous visits I have tried egg rolls in the Lotus Blossom CafĂ© and I was tempted to buy those again.

Like Mexico, however, China also had a specific Food and Wine Festival kiosk and I wanted just about everything on the menu!

They had Mongolian Beef in a Steamed Bun, Pork Pot-stickers and Chicken Satay with Spiced Peanut Sauce and Pickled Vegetables on offer (along with mango tapioca pudding).

As I had just had some beef and I often find steamed buns a little sweet for my taste, I was able to rule that one out. In the end the pickled vegetables won me over and I went for the Chicken Satay.


I thought this dish was disappointing. It was a nice idea and a good sized portion of meat compared to some of the other dishes and the flavour itself was pleasing. The meat was just a little on the dry side. Now, I have to say, given the quality of all the other food I ate at the Festival I think this was probably just unlucky on my part - perhaps as the result of mass catering it was overcooked or left under a heat lamp for too long.


At $4.25 it was good value and I would try it again.

Review: The peanut sauce was perfect (I would have preferred either a little more, or for the sauce to be poured over the chicken itself as it was quite hard to scrape up), the pickled vegetables gave the dish some nice bite and freshness but the chicken would have been better if it had just been a little more moist.

No comments:

Post a Comment