Monday 24 December 2012

Easy Embossed Christmas Card Design

So, if you've read any of my other posts (and particularly my Christmas card posts) you will see that I spent a long time making some of my cards. So long, that I actually nearly missed the last post before Christmas. For that reason, the balance of my cards had to be a simpler design and, actually, these turned out to be my favourites. There's something about embossing using embossing powder that is particularly satisfying and I think it gives a really nice finish. 



What You'll Need

Card Blanks
Individual Letter Stamps
A Clear Acrylic Printing Block
At least 2 colours of embossing powder
Clear Embossing stamp 'ink' (I use a versamark watermark stamp pad)
A heat gun

Method

Using your letter stamps, make a square spelling out the word "Christmas" over 3 lines - I used a combination of capitals and small letters.


Next. remove every other letter so you're left with "C r s m s" as below. Use this to stamp your watermark 'ink' onto the card black and use your powder and heat gun to emboss the first five letters. 


Once you've done the required number of cards to this stage (I would recommend doing them all to this stage, rather than one at a time!) add back in your other letters (h,i,s and a) and remove the ones you've already stamped so that you're left with "h i t a".

Ink your stamps up and line it up on the card inbetween the letters that you've already embossed as shown below. Use your second colour of embossing powder to complete those letters and hey presto, an easy embossed Christmas card design. Very simple yet effective.


As you can see, I did these in a range of different colour combinations - red and green glitter, metallic silver and black, some gold etc. They're really pretty and I was very happy with them :)






No comments:

Post a Comment