Thursday 13 December 2012

Thank You Cards

Well, I'm VERY late in making and sending my thank you cards following our wedding. So late in fact that I'm probably going to send them in the same envelopes as my Christmas cards this year (it will save on stamps if nothing else!!).



I have agonised over a design for ages.. I tried making origami peacocks (see the picture below) which I was going to glue to the card, but they looked a bit naff once they were stuck down. Actually, they look a bit naff even not stuck down!! My wedding theme was peacock colours (green and blue rather than turquoise though) and peacock feathers. The only actual peacock was on the cake.

This morning, I was looking through my stamp bag to find letter stamps and came across an old set of clear rubber stamps that I've never really used only to realise that one of the stamps was a peacock!! And all of a sudden I had a design. Sometimes I think simple really works best, and these really are simple - a peacock stamped in green, teal and blue along with "Thank You" lettering in teal.

I'm very happy with the result and now I just need to finish my Christmas Cards so I can post everything!!




No comments:

Post a Comment