Sunday 13 January 2013

M&S Cod Rogan Balti Review

I was totally sucked in by the marketing on this occasion. Every time I saw the M&S advert for their fuller for longer range recently, I wanted the cod rogan balti...

I happened to be near an M&S yesterday and I knew I was out today with little time to cook, so I treated myself.

Using the NSVs on the package I worked it out to be 9 pro points on weight watchers which is pretty good for a main meal.

I really enjoyed it - there were two fairly large pieces of nice flaky fish; not dried out by the oven cooking as they were sandwiched between moister elements. There was a layer of spinach over a layer of tomato and lentil curry and it was topped with crispy onion and potato topping.

I really thought the topping would be my favourite bit - don't get me wrong; it was good, just not the best bit! It was nice and crispy (one of the textures I love and really miss when dieting) and it was flavourful but the highlight was the tomato and lentil curry underneath. It was slightly tangy, mildly warming and just generally tasty.

Overall a good dish and whilst it's on offer (2 for £6) I would get one every now and again. I might try to replicate it though just so I can bulk it out with slightly more veg (and perhaps I'll try it with chicken for my fish hating husband!!).


No comments:

Post a Comment