Thursday 17 January 2013

Epcot Food and Wine Festival Review - Desserts

My last stop of the evening (you can see from the picture that it was pretty dark by now) was the Desserts and Champagne booth. I opted for the trio of desserts. I think this was only around $3-4, perhaps $3.50 which I thought was good value for three tasters.


From top to bottom, the desserts were:

Lemon Custard with Bluberry compote. This was like lemon curd, with some crispy crunchy bits - tart and mouthwatering.

Dark Chocolate Mousse with Chilli and Salted Caramel. This was a good chocolate mousse - I missed the salt and only got a very slight hint of chilli though. Then again, I eat dark chocolate with chilli regularly as a treat (a square of lindt chilli chocolate is only 1pp on weight watchers - yay!) so perhaps I was just used to the flavours. I did hear someone in the queue remarking at what an awful idea chilli and chocolate was.

Yogurt Panna Cotta with Orange Cake. I enjoyed this (I will never complain about pannacotta!). The cake was more just sweet cake, rather than particularly orange flavoured and there was a nice fruit jelly type topping with rounded it off.

Review: good value for money and definitely worth going for the trio rather than individual desserts, just to try them all out. Very well presented and pretty too - I'd eat it in the day next time so I could admire the presentation a little more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment