Another quick and simply evening meal for a busy weekday. It has a taste of the Mediterranean with lovely salty feta cheese and olives and the opportunity to get a fair few of your 5 a day in too :) Working out at 13pp it's an easy one to fit in to a daily plan.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
200g Low Fat Salad Cheese/Feta
120g dried wholewheat spaghetti
40g I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light (ICBINBL)
30 olives (stoned)
1 bag rocket, baby spinach and watercress
1 pack cherry tomatoes on the vine, sliced in half
Half an aubergine, diced very small
Weight Watchers Prop Points Per Serving - 13pp - 100g low fat salad cheese - 5pp, 60g dried weight wholewheat pasta - 5pp, 15 olives - 1pp, 20g ICBINBL - 2pp
1. Cook your pasta according to the packet instructions in salted boiling water.
2. Whilst the pasta is cooking, dice the feta and place into a large mixing bowl with the olives and half of the bag of salad.
3. In a frying pan melt half the ICBINBL and soften the cherry tomatoes and cubes of aubergine. Once they are softened, add the remaining half bag of spinach, rocket and watercress to wilt (I had to do this in 2 batches).
4. Once cooked, drain the pasta and melt the remaining ICBINBL over the hot pasta, stirring so it's all coated.
5. Combine the warm vegetables and pasta with the cold feta and olives and it's ready to serve. I found this didn't need any additional salt, although I did crack some fresh black pepper over it before serving.