Thursday 29 November 2012

Epcot Food and Wine Festival Review - Greece

My first stop along my "eat around the world" trip during this years Epcot Food and Wine Festival was Greece.

I sampled a Spanakopita - this was basically a filo pastry parcel in a triangular shape, filled with spinach and cream cheese.



This was at the beginning of my journey and I took photos of the receipts.You probably can't see from the photo, but the receipts showed the country, the name of the dish and the price; unfortunately I stopped doing this after about 4 snacks so I will have to rely on my memory alone as I continue!!

This snack cost $4

Review: It was tasty (and from memory, it pulled me out of a slightly grumpy mood) but I did find it a little greasy and there were certainly better snacks for around the $4 mark.

I do think I will try to come up with my own, weight watchers friendly, version of this recipe though. Filo pastry is certainly one of the more forgiving pastries when it comes to dieting as long as you don't cover it in melted butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment