Wednesday 28 November 2012

Epcot Food and Wine Festival Review - Introduction

We were lucky enough to spend a day at Walt Disney's Epcot in Florida at the end of October. I took full advantage of the fact that we were there during their Food and Wine Festival (which I understand is an annual event) and I spent a day "eating around the world".

In addition to the usual countries that they have at Epcot (most of which have both counter service and quick service food outlets) during the Food and Wine Festival they set up stalls for lots of additional countries where you can buy a snack (and I think if you're on the dining plan, they mostly cost 1 snack credit). There are also lots of different beers, wines and cocktails which you can taste, though I'm not much of a drinker.

I intend to write a short review about each of the snacks which I tried over the next few days and (where I remembered to make a record) I will include details about the price too.

View from "Japan" over the Epcot Lake

I sampled delights from the following countries:
Greece, Argentina, Mexico, China, South Korea, the cheese stand, Italy, Hops & Barley (USA), Japan, Belgium and the Desserts stand.

There were also stands, which I didn't visit:
Terra, Caribbean, Australia, Scandinavia, South Africa, Germany, Poland, Florida, Singapore, Morocco, New Zealand, France, Ireland, Canada and Hawaii.

As you can see - you'd really need to visit a few times if you wanted to eat at each country. In addition to the specific festival stands they also sell food in Norway and the UK.




No comments:

Post a Comment