Monday 26 November 2012

An Introduction

I decided I needed to do more with the things I love. The things that make life worth living. A blog seemed like a good place to start.

I doubt the things I love are any different from most people - I love my family, but that part of me I will keep private. I'll happily share my other interests though - I enjoy reading, music, films, crafting, cooking (and eating!!). In fact, I predict that 90% of my blog will end up being about food...

It's the eating that gets me into bother you see; I've been trying to lose weight (actually quite successfully) for a little over 2 years on Weight Watchers. So far I've lost 55kg (just over 8 and a half stone) and i'm trying to lose another 14 kg (over 2 stone). Perhaps one day I will make it and become a weight watchers leader?!

I intend to post recipes that I make up to try and keep losing weight. No doubt, the odd recipe I add will not be Weight Watchers friendly (no-one's perfect)!! Hopefully someone, somewhere will find them inspiring. They're normally pretty easy and generally don't require crazy ingredients. My husband does not need to watch his weight, so I try to cook food that will keep him satisfied too.

As for the crafting side of things, I like paper crafting best. I did all of the stationery for our wedding and I have been making cards for birthdays and Christmas for years. I'm also a fan of making homemade gifts (again, fairly often food based!!), painting and sewing so these projects may crop up too. The idea is to keep a record for myself of what I've done, but on the off chance that I get a reader (!!) it might give someone else an idea to try out for themselves.

Anyway, I guess that'll do for an introduction :)

P.S Mori means forest in Japanese. I forgot to mention I also love the woods, forests, geocaching, camping and growing things (with limited success!) and that I have a bit of a fascination with Japan - I will visit one day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment